lichess.org
Donate

HWC 2023 Preparation and voting!

1 - I prefer the 3+2 time control, but 2+2 is fine as well. I like the increment so both of these time controls are good.
2 - Both of these options are interesting. For the 1st option, is every round a best of 10, and if you lose one match, then you go into the loser's bracket and the winner of the loser's bracket gets to play the winner of the winner's bracket for the HWC? But the winner of the winner's bracket has two "lives" in the final match whereas the winner of the loser's bracket only has 1 "life"? For the single elimination option, are you thinking that each round is the first to win two best-of-6 game matches? That also sounds interesting. This means that if the first two best-of-6 game matches are split between two players, they then play a final best of 6 game match to decide the winner? I assume each best-of-6 game match would come with its own set of tie-breaks? Again, both of these seem interesting. I don't think I have a strong preference for either, but it sounds like you've already decided on the single elimination option.
3 - I prefer keeping the same time control for tie-breaks and just continuing with 2-game mini matches until one player can score 1.5 out of 2.
we will keep the old tie break format for this series :) the only remaining question is the time control! there are 11 votes for 2+2 and 8 votes for 3+2 thank you to everyone who has voted!

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.