lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:zirbes123"

9 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - Endgame book: Silman or de la Villa?#4

De la Villas book is superb. Highly recommended. Silman's book didn't impress me at all, even though it's a 500+ pages book most of it is just white space. With more reasonable typesetting the materia…

zirbes123
Game analysis - Hou Yifan loses in 4#4

From chessgames.com comments: " Vitiugov played five women, as did many other men. Arakhamia-Grant and Pratyusha played six women each. And there are plenty of players, both men and women, who played …

zirbes123
Game analysis - Cute mate#5

Yes, I saw it after 12... Rf8, and I thought he might spoil the fun with 13... Bxf2 14 Qxf2 Rxf2 15. e8=Q (still winning for white but without the flashy finish).

zirbes123
Game analysis - Cute mate#1

My games are usually dull and boring so you can imagine my excitement when i found this cute mate :) White to play and mate after 13... Rxf7. https://en.lichess.org/iZCAD7O8/white#26

zirbes123
Game analysis - Incorrect Greek gift games collection#6

https://en.lichess.org/Gitgofgs/white Here is a double bishop sacrifice gone wrong. I should have prepared it with f4, and only then play Bxh7, Qh5, Bxg7, Qg4 and Rf3. My opponent decided not to allow…

zirbes123
General Chess Discussion - Chess is 99% tactics#7

I'm neither a chess coach nor a strong player, but my suggestions would be: 1) Play as much slow games as possible; 2) Solve tactical exercises on a daily basis (15-20 min); 3) Learn basic theoretical…

zirbes123
General Chess Discussion - My last(strange)question on this forum#6

The ability to study hard and intensive is also part of the "nature" component.

zirbes123
Game analysis - Finally a worthy opponent :-)#8

Well coordinated bishop + rook are often worth more than a queen, especially when the opponent king's safety is little iffy. I had to learn that lesson the hard way - I lost few games when I overplaye…

zirbes123
Game analysis - Overcoming board blindness#9

Just play. Play as much as you can. Once you've played about 1000 games (give or take, that's a number I read in some Russian book, could be 500 or 2000, I guess it depends on the individual) your boa…

zirbes123