lichess.org
Donate

Square Off Pro - Known Issues

I received SOP a couple of days ago and already have come across glitches:

1. The most annoying glitch - During play the board experiences lights flashing on seemingly random squares, accompanied by 4 rapid beeps.

2. If you knock over a few pieces by accident, and you put everything back correctly according to the app diagram, it still doesn't like you for several minutes.

3. There's no one to say "check" when your opponent puts you in check. You may take a few minutes to figure out a distant discovered check is preventing you from moving.

4. After 48 hours the board hasn't flattened out completely. Still a bit bumpy.

5. The AI still hasn't ratcheted down to my level after several games.

Anyone else?
@HOLTCAP said in #1:
> I received SOP a couple of days ago and already have come across glitches:
>
> 1. The most annoying glitch - During play the board experiences lights flashing on seemingly random squares, accompanied by 4 rapid beeps.
>
Maybe it's receiving a transmission, like outside assistance- from an engine!!

> 2. If you knock over a few pieces by accident, and you put everything back correctly according to the app diagram, it still doesn't like you for several minutes.
>
I wouldn't like you for several days if you knocked over all my pieces.

> 3. There's no one to say "check" when your opponent puts you in check. You may take a few minutes to figure out a distant discovered check is preventing you from moving.
>
This one's easy.

> 4. After 48 hours the board hasn't flattened out completely. Still a bit bumpy.
>
Have you tried to iron out the creases? Set it to the highest setting and use the steam button.

> 5. The AI still hasn't ratcheted down to my level after several games.
>
It might not go that low?

> Anyone else?
@userfriendly2 Im the only person on this forum allowed to post amusing, sarcastic or satirical responses and I feel that on this topic you’ve stepped into my territory.

If you continue I’ll have to report you to the FART (Farcical Acuity Response Team) Moderators. Thanks :-)
<Comment deleted by user>
@userfriendly2 Thank you! Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. Don’t let me put you off totally from commenting in an amusing fashion if you feel that your comments won’t resort in a FART should I happen across them. I agree wholeheartedly that we should retire and hope OP gets a sensible response to his bumpy board. Have a nice day. :-)

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.